Juicers : Fresh juice is packed with nutrients. It can be consumed in every season. There are many benefits of drinking juice. It helps in strengthening the immune system, regulating the blood pressure, keeping our body hydrated, losing weight, etc.
Although you can drink the juice in shops but it is not cost effective in the long run. Also there is no guarantee that the juice being served would be fresh. It’s better to buy the fruits and vegetables and make fresh juice at the comfort of your home.
In this buying guide, I am going to tell you all about juicers like what is juicer, types of juicer and tips to buy the best juicer in India.
What is Juicer?
Juicer is an appliance for extracting juice from fruits, vegetables and leafy greens in a process called juicing. It crushes, grinds, and/or squeezes the juice out of the pulp. Juicer is different from blender. Juicer separates juice from the pulp. Blender includes everything, nothing is separated or removed.
Types of Juicers
There are mainly two types of juicers- centrifugal and masticating juicer.
Centrifugal juicers are the most common, popular and affordable type of juicers. These spin at high speeds to pulverise the fruits or vegetables, and use centrifugal force to separate the pulp from the juice (hence their name).
1) They are fast in juicing.
2) They are cheaper to purchase.
3) They are easy to use.
4) Some models have large/wide feeding tube that allows for feeding of whole-fruit juicing that helps save time on preparation.
1) A centrifugal juicer can be noisy as the motor spins at a very high-speed.
2) The high-speed spinning creates some heat, which can break down nutrients.
3) The pulp ejected is still wet resulting in low juice yield when compared to the masticating juicers.
4) It is not well-suited for juicing of leafy greens, grasses, sprouts and herbs.
5) It produces a lot of foam in the juice that shows the amount of air trapped in the juice.
Masticating juicers are also known as cold press juicers or slow juicers. They operate via a masticating (chewing) or cold press method to produce a superior juice to their centrifugal counterparts.
These juicers operate at lower speeds and gently compress fruit and vegetables to ‘squeeze’ out their juice. They ideally do not produce heat, hence the word cold press is used.
1) They are relatively quite.
2) Lower speeds means less heat is generated, preserving more nutrients and enzymes.
3) They give higher juice yield.
4) They are well-suited for juicing of leafy greens, grasses, sprouts and herbs.
5) They product less foam in the juice.
1) They are slow in juicing.
2) They are costlier to purchase.
3) They tend to have smaller feeding tubes needing fruits and vegetables to be cut into small pieces.
Tips for Buying the Best Juicer
Here are some of the features you should check before buying a juicer:
1) Pulp Container: It needs to be big enough so you don’t have to keep stopping the machine to empty it.
2) Jug: A large juice jug is preferable, with 1000ml enough to hold juice from 1kg of fruit and vegetables. You don’t want to be emptying the jug halfway through processing.
3) Feeding Tubes: Some juicers have extra-large feeding tubes that can fit apples and another fruit whole. This saves time, as you don’t need to worry about pre-chopping fruits and vegetables.
4) Multiple Speeds: Multiple speeds are ideal. High speed is good for juicing hard fruits/vegetables like carrots and low speed for softer fruits/vegetables like mangoes.
5) Parts: A juicer should have as few parts as possible, which fit together and dismantle easily. Parts should be easy and quick to clean.
Here is the list of best juicers in India you have been waiting for. This list has been made keeping in mind all the specifications, reviews and ratings.
THESE ARE THE TOP 10 BEST JUICERS IN INDIA
Philips Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer (Black/Silver)
Rs. 7,199 in stock
- This product does not require installation. Please contact brand customer care for any product related queires
- Squeeze every drop from your fruits and vegetables
- Clean within 1 minute
- Easy to use
- Material: Aluminium
Philips HR1855 Viva Collection Juicer
Rs. 6,910 in stock
- 800ml juice jug capacity
- Make up to 2 liters of juice in one go;Power:700 W; Voltage:220-240 V
- QuickClean technology and QuickClean sieve
- All pulp collected in one place for easy disposal
- Easy checking of the pulp with see-through pulp container
Panasonic MJ-68M 220-Watt Centrifugal Juicer
Rs. 5,060 in stock
- Centrifugal juicer
- Built-in circuit breaker
- Safety lock clamp
- Stainless steel spinner
- 600ml plastic container
Panasonic 800 Watt Stainless Steel Wide Tube Juicer MJ-DJ01 (Silver & Black)
- Large feeding tube, 2 speed control
- 120 degree rotatable spout and anit-drop spout
- Precise and durable full metal spinner
- 2.0L large capacity pulp container
- 1.5L juice jug with bubble separator
Panasonic MJ-SJ01 Wide Tube Juicer
|Binding||Kitchen & Home|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 5025232745562|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 1201; Length: 850; Weight: 860; Width: 1512|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 1004; Length: 1811; Weight: 1100; Width: 1260|
|Product Type Name||KITCHEN|
|Title||Panasonic MJ-SJ01 Wide Tube Juicer|
Havells Nutrisense 150W Cold Press Slow Juicer 150W, 47 RPM, Silent operation
Rs. 7,994 in stock
- The Havells slow juicer rotates at a speed of just 47 revolutions per minute . Slow Squeeze Technology uses an auger to squeeze out juice (similar to how you would hand-squeeze an orange) instead of shredding fruits and vegetables with high-speed blades like other juicers and blenders. Natural motion minimizes damage to ingredients, keeping natural taste and nutrition intact.
- Continuous Extraction system,can extract juice last for 20 minutes
- A near-silent DC motor with 60 db noise level. Works efficiently using just 150 watts of power which means you can enjoy cold-pressed juice at home without the noise caused by traditional juicers and blenders
- Blue LED functions Display, 3 speed operations for effective juicing and maximum extraction.
- Surprisingly easy to assemble and clean. Strainer made with tertian plastic (100% BPA free) material easily cleaned with rinsing and a brush. The juicer come with magnetic safety lock system which prevents the juicer from switching on automatically when the lid isin't locked.
Prestige PCJ 7.0 (500 Watt) Centrifugal Juicer suitable for fruits/vegetables
Rs. 3,145 in stock
- Content: Prestige cetrifugal juicer- Pcj 7.0
- Net quantity: 1 Unit
- Voltage: 230V; Wattage: 500W
- Warranty: 1 year
- Troubleshooting guidelines:i) Can be used only for juicing (Hard fruits & vegetables) ii)Safety lock to ensure safety - Product won't start if not locked correctly iii)Please do not overload the juicer beyond its capacity.
Philips Viva Collection HR1832/00 1.5-Litre Juicer, Ink Black
Rs. 5,349 in stock
- This product does not require installation. please contact brand customer care for any product related queires. Customer Service Number: 18001022929
- Material housing: ABS Plastic and Material jug: PP Plastic
- Material pulp container and pusher: ABS, SAN
- Drip stop, compact design, QuickClean technology, smooth and easy to clean
- Direct serve, QuickClean sieve and can see-through pulp container
Preethi Essence CJ 101 600-Watt Juicer (White)
Rs. 2,770 in stock
- Long lasting metal sieve
- Removable pulp chamber
- Tough vegetables and fruits juicer
- Leak proof even when juicing soft fruits like watermelon
- Extracts maximum juice
Morphy Richards Juice Xpress 700-Watt Juicer (Silver and Black)
Rs. 4,620 in stock
- Multiple speed control for soft and hard fruits
- Cord storage facility
- Extra large tube for bigger fruits and vegetables
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 700 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
Philips HL1631 500-Watt 2 Jar Juicer Mixer Grinder (Blue)
Rs. 2,877 in stock
- Power: 500 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
- Includes: Mixer grinder, Spatula, Blender jar, Multi-purpose jar, Instruction manual and Warranty card
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- 2 Jar Blender Jar: 1.5L, Multi-Purpose Jar 1L
- Powerful motor for juicing, grinding, pureeing and mixing
Read more Product Views
Best Kitchen Mixer Reviews
Reference from Google Images