Washing Machines: There was a time in the past when every third advertisement you saw on TV was of a detergent bar.
Have you wondered where the detergent bar advertisements have disappeared today?
The Washing Machines has literally killed the detergent bar manufacturing industry.
Best Washing Machines brands in India
However, before going into the intricacies of the washing machine buying guide, we shall list out some of the top washing machine brands available in the Indian market today.
LG: When it comes to electronics items, you always find LG at the top of the heap. This is mainly because LG knows the pulse of the Indian market and understands the Indian customer better than the others do.
IFB: A leading overseas brand, IFB has also arrived in India with a bang. They can give tough competition to the other international brands like Bosch and Siemens.
Whirlpool: Some of the most durable washing machines have come from the Whirlpool stable.
Samsung: You cannot leave this electronic giant behind when you discuss electronic appliances. They have their own place in the market.
There are other brands such as Godrej, Onida that concentrate on the economy part. Thus, if you have a constraint in the budget, you can very well opt for these brands as well.
LG 7.0 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FH0H3QDNL02, White)
- Fully-automatic front-loading washing machine; 7.0 kg
- Warranty: 2 years on product, 10 years on motor
- 6 motion direct drive
- Touch panel
- Smart diagnosis
IFB 8.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Executive Plus VX, White)
- Fully-automatic front-loading washing machine
- 8.5 kg capacity
- 100 wash programs
- Warranty: 4 years comprehensive warranty
- Cradle wash, extra clean, extra special care for baby wear and delicates
LG 6.5 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (T7581NDDLG, Middle Free Silver)
Rs. 21,990 out of stock
- Fully-automatic top-loading washing machine; 6.5 kg
- Warranty: 2 years on product, 10 years on motor
- Smart inverter technology
- 3 smart motion
Whirlpool 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (Stainwash Deep Clean 6.5, Grey)
- Stainwash deep clean 6.5 - Grey
- 2 years warranty on product, 10 years on the Prime Mover
- 6th Sense Deep Clean Technology
- Removed Up T0 10 Tough Stains
- Hard Water wash - 30% better wash even in hard water conditions
IFB 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senorita Aqua SX , Silver)
- For requesting an installation/demo for this product once delivered, please call IFB support directly on 180030005678 and 18604255678 and provide the product's model name
- Front-loading washing machine; 6.5 kg capacity
- 7 segment LED display
- Wash care programs: Express 15, baby wear, stains 40, stains 60, mixed fabric, wool or hand wash, delicates and cotton
- Aqua energy feature converts hard water to soft for a better and more effective wash
LG 6.5 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FH0G7WDNL52.ALSPEPL, Silver)
- Fully-automatic front-loading washing machine; 6.5 kg capacity
- Warranty: 2 years on product; 10 years on motor
- 6 motion direct drive technology
- 1000 RPM
- Full touch control panel
IFB 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (TL-RDW 6.5kg Aqua, Ivory White)
Rs. 17,990 in stock
- Fully-automatic top-loading washing machine
- 7 kg capacity
- 8 wash programs
- Water Level: 10
- Water Inlet Selection: Hot/Warm/Cold
Whirlpool 8 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (Ace Supersoak 8.0, Coral Purple)
- 2 years Comprehensive warranty and 5 years in prime Movers
- Capacity 8 kg: Suitable for large families
- Super soak - Easy removal of tough dirt by continuous soaking and scrubbing action for 25 minutes with Super Soak Technology
- Lint filter - Allows effective collection of lint so that clothes come out clean and fresh after every wash
- Ace wash station - Now sort, stack and carry your clothes on the machine itself with new ACE Wash station
Whirlpool 6 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (Superb Atom 60I, Tulip Pink)
- 2 years Comprehensive warranty and 2 years in prime Movers
- Capacity 6 kg: Suitable for bachelors and couples
- Smart Scrub Station - Now stand tall and scrub without the painful bending, while the flow back design allows water and detergent to flow back into the wash tub
- Water proof panel - The control panel is smartly designed to be protected from water seeping inside
- 66L Large wash tub - The Large wash tub with the Deep wash 66l system, washes with the highest volume of water (66l). Clothes now move freely giving the best dirt removal
Whirlpool 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (Whitemagic Premier 6.5, Grey)
- Whitemagic premier 6.5 - Grey
- 10 Year warranty on motor and prime mover
- 6th Sense 1-2-3 Technology
- Power Scrub Technology - The unique agipeller design provides 3 surfaces to scrub your clothes to give you whitest whites in any condition
- 12 Wash Programs for different types of loads
Washing Machines buying guide
We shall now at the various features you usually encounter when you step into the market to buy a washing machine. This buying guide can help clear all your doubts on the matter.
Semi-Automatic vs Fully Automatic Washing Machines
What does the word ‘Automatic’ signify?
When we use the word ‘Automatic’ in context with the washing machine, we infer that the machine not only washes the clothes but also extracts the water from them after the washing process is over.
The fully automatic machine has a program that takes care of all aspects of washing, spinning and drying.
In the semi-automatic machines, you have to transfer the clothes manually to the spin tub after the washing cycle is over. Thus, you find the semi-automatic machines having two tubs. Otherwise, the mechanism, as well as energy consumption features, are more or less the same.
Front Load vs Top Load Washing Machines
You must have heard these names many times when you refer to washing machines. The differentiation is very simple. As the name suggests, the front load machines entail loading of the clothes from the front portion.
In the top load machines, you load clothes into the washing drum from the top. Usually, you find people from the Western countries preferring the front load machines whereas Indian people prefer the top loading ones.
The front loading machines are fully automatic machines whereas you have semi-automatic machines in the top load machines in addition to the fully automatic ones.
One has to concede that the front load machines use less water in comparison to the top load ones.This is because you need lots of water to soak the clothes. The front loading machines work with a tumbling action thereby requiring less amount of water for soaking purposes. However, the front load machines have longer cycles when you compare them with the top load machines.
Coming to the question of consumption of electricity, you will find that the front load machines consume more electricity for the simple reason that they have more cycles. This is in spite of the front loading machines consuming less water and therefore less energy for drying of clothes.
These front loading machines have a hot water cycle to clean clothes. They make use of a dryer as well. As there is less water consumption, the drying of the clothes is more efficient. The dryer cycles are shorter thereby they use less power in the dryer cycle as compared to the top load machines. However, overall, the front load machines consume more electricity.
Washing machines Technologies
You have just seen the main features of the washing machines. Let us no look at the different technologies in use.
This technology is a revolutionary one capable of saving power especially when you feel the need to use a motor.
Inverter Technology enables the machines to run at a speed optimum to the load.
In the normal course, your washing machine has a motor that is capable of running at a fixed load. Hence, it performs at the optimum level only when you have this particular load.
However, in the case of the Inverter technology, you have the machine running at variable speeds that is optimum for the load you have at a particular time.
Tackling hard water
India has this problem of having to use hard water for washing purposes. The problem with hard water is that it becomes difficult to dissolve the detergents in it.
Secondly, you also end up with deposits of salt around the drum and supply pipes resulting in choking them. Therefore, you find Indian washing machine manufacturers employing innovative techniques to deal with this issue.
Whirlpool has a specific ‘Hard Water’ option in its latest semi-automatic machine series, Ace. This option allows eliminating dirt from the clothes even when the water is hard.
Maytag has introduced this technology in its front-loading machines whereby these machines adjust its performance depending on the hardness of the water.
Final thoughts- Washing Machines
Washing machines are no longer luxury appliances. They have become an essential member of any household today.
This explains why people go to great lengths to understand the technologies used in washing machines today. This article can help you a great deal in this regard.
You have just gone through the buying guide as well as the features of the best washing machines in India. The advantage of this segment is that you have a huge variety at your disposal.
If you have any queries regarding washing machine selection, post them in the comments section below and we will try to answer them.
More Product Review
Reference from Google Images