Whey Protein 🏆 is considered a complete protein and contains all 9 essential amino acids. Whey protien can benefit gym goers who need to accelerate the recovery process and build more muscle mass to improve the overall physique.
Besides gym-goers and bodybuilders, whey protein can be used by competitive athletes and sports players. Basically, anyone looking to increase the protein content in their diet can use Whey protien.
However, if you are skinny like me, then you need to gain weight and mass first using a mass gainer.
Recently I started going to the gym and started looking for the best whey protein in India. There are many whey protein brands in India to purchase. So it gets difficult to choose the best whey protein for beginners.
But don’t worry because I have done the complete research on the best Whey protien🏆 powder in India. So read the complete article to find out the best whey protein supplement in India.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey protien is a liquid byproduct of cheese production that is sold as a dietary supplement in protein powders and shakes. Whey protien is a complete protein because it has all 9 essential amino acids, which means our bodies cannot produce them, and they must be derived from food sources.
Foods like meats, dairy, eggs, etc are complete proteins. Among these amino acids, the Branched Chain Amino Acids- BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) are present in high quantities.
Types of Whey Protein
There are three main types of whey protein:
(2) Whey Protein Isolate and
(3) Whey Protein Hydrolysate.The differences between these three come down to how processed the protein is and hence the amount of protein present without any of the other qualities of dairy products such as fat, lactose (milk sugar), and various immunoglobulins.
The other 11-71% is made up of fat, lactose and contains higher amounts of various immune-enhancing peptides such as alpha-lactalbumin and immunoglobulins.
2) Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) has on average 90%+ of its weight coming from protein, with minimal lactose and fat. This is more expensive than concentrate.
3) Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH) is a further degraded protein that digests very quickly in the body and has about 99% of its weight coming from protein. This is the most expensive of the three and generally the worst tasting.
Whey Protein Side Effects?
Whey proteins are safe under prescribed limits, however; high dosages of whey protein can cause some side effects like enhanced bowel movements, excessive thirst, bloating, nausea, vomiting, and cramps.
What is a Maximum Safe amount of Whey Protein that can be taken?
So, what should be the right amount of Whey protien that has to be taken? Questions keep on revolving in our mind
such as – is it an effective protein supplement? Let us analyze these:
Yes, it is effective as a protein supplement. Scientific studies have proved that 0.8 g of protein per kg of body weight
for a healthy person is safe.
Who can benefit from whey protein?
It is a generalized concept that Whey protien is just used by bodybuilders and athletes. This is not correct completely. It can be handy for people of different ages. Those who take a vegetarian diet and everyone including man, women and children receive benefit from whey. Those who miss proper protein content in their diet can be supplemented with Whey protien. Immunocompromised individuals and those who have injury and illness have shown good results with Whey protien.
Best time for Whey Protein Intake?
A question strikes our mind always what is the best time to take protein into our body? Experts say that best time to take proteins is immediately after the workout. Because, the body begins to heal up work immediately after the workout, taking protein at that time will give body fuel power that it needs to grow. It is good to take small meals containing high proteins in about 3 to 4 hours interval, thereby providing your muscles with a constant supply of protein to help your muscles to heal. It is quite important to take a protein drink, before going to your sleep to compensate for the number of proteins that deplete while you sleep.
Which Protein is best?
Whey protien is the best protein supplement for those who are looking to gain muscle weight, enhance stamina and endurance. Protein with high biological value must be chosen since it is easy to be used, digested and retained among the users. Whey protien concentrate is equally as useful as whey protein isolate. Choosing between whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate entirely depends upon your fitness goals. However, Whey protien concentrate has more bioactive components than others.
How much Whey Protein should you take in?
A minimum amount of body protein that you need for building muscles is 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Proteins deplete calcium and magnesium amounts in the body and hence, it is always good to have calcium and magnesium supplemented externally along with the excessive amount of proteins.
THESE ARE THE TOP 10 BEST WHEY PROTEIN IN INDIA
Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder - 2 lbs, (Double Rich Chocolate)
Rs. 2,885 in stock
- 24 grams of whey protein per serving with whey protein isolates as the primary ingredient and just 1 gram of sugar and 1 gram of fat
- 5.5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs
- Over 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid in each serving
- Whey protein microfractions from whey protein isolate and ultrafiltered whey protein concentrate
- Use first thing in the morning, before/after exercise or after weight training
Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein - 5.28 lbs (Chocolate Creme)
Rs. 3,600 in stock
- Whey protein also boost's the body's immune system by acting as an antioxidant
- Ideal for both muscle building & fat loss
- Decreases recovery times and repairs muscle faster than other proteins
- Over 6 grams of BCAAs
- Note:The product has perforations on the inner seal. This is from the a design feature from the manufacturer, and is not tampered
Dymatize Elite Whey - 5 lbs (Cafe Mocha)
Rs. 5,874 in stock
- 5 lbs of Dymatize Elite Whey Café Mocha Protein Powder (63 Servings)
- Scientifically proven, fast-digesting, quick-absorbing, 100% whey protein
- 5.5g of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) to help build muscle and aid in recovery
- 2.7g of L-Leucine to support activation of Muscle Protein Synthesis
- Good pre, post-workout, or anytime for high-quality protein supplementation
Isopure Low Carb 100% Whey Protein Isolate Powder - 3 lbs, 1.36 kg (Dutch Chocolate)
Rs. 4,499 in stock
- 25 grams of protein per serving
- 100 percent whey protein isolate
- Gluten free, lactose free and aspartame free
- Glutamine enriched loaded with BCAAs
- Protein that's pure and perfect
BSN Syntha 6 Protein Powder - 5 lbs, 2.27 kg (Chocolate Milkshake)
Rs. 5,120 in stock
- 22 grams protein per serving from 6 unique protein sources
- Contains Milk, Egg, Wheat, and Soy (Lecithin) ingredients
- 5 grams of fiber and 10 grams of essential amino acids per serving
- Produces rich, creamy milkshake taste and texture
- Promotes muscle protein synthesis and recovery
MuscleBlaze Whey Active Protein Supplement Powder - 2.2 lb/1 kg, 30 Servings (Chocolate)
Rs. 1,498 in stock
- Helps in gaining lean muscles
- Reduces the loss of muscle tissue
- Increases your energy level
- Speeds up muscle recovery
MuscleTech Premium Whey Protein Plus - 5 lbs(Deluxe Chocolate)
- Builds lean muscle
- Increases strength to help enhance performance in athletes
- Accelerates muscle recovery after exercise
- High protein, low fat - 20g of premium protein, 1g of fat, 0g trans fat and 0g aspartame per scoop.
Myfitfuel Mff Whey Protein 80 - 1 Kg (2.2 Lbs) Rich Chocolate Delight
Rs. 1,399 in stock
- New Packing Of 2 Kg (4.4 Lbs) At Same Old Approx. 1.8Kg (2 Lbs) Almost Approx. 200 Gm Extra Protein
- 26.4 Gm (Dry Basis) And 24.3 Gm (As Is Basis) Of Imported Protein In Every 32.8 Gm Serving In Unflavored Variant. 25.3 Gm (Dry Basis) And 23.5 Gm (As Is Basis) Of Imported Protein In Every 32.8 Gm Serving In Coffee Caramel Flavor. 23.5 Gm (Dry Basis) And 21.7 Gm (As Is Basis) Of Imported Protein In Every 32.8 Gm Serving In Rich Chocolate Delight Flavor. For Nutrition Details Of Other Flavor Variants Of Mff Whey Protein 80, Please Check Their Nutrition Charts.
- 4.4 Lbs (2 Kg) Comes With 60 Total Servings.
- Provides Naturally Occurring Upto 4.9 Gm Bcaa & 3.6 Gm Glutamine Rich, 10.6 Gm Essential Amino Acids In Every Serving. Low In Fat & Carbohydrate. Ultra-Pure Lab Tested Protein & Ideal For Lean Growth. Complete Transparency, You Can Check Protein Report About Which Protein Used On Mff Whey Protein 80 Product Page On Myfitfuel Website. No Soy Protein, No Dairy Whiteners, No Skim Milk Powder No Sugar, No Color, No Artificial Flavor Or Preservatives Added.
- First In India In Year 2013 To Bring Knowledge On 100% Transparency Including Information On Fillers, Thickeners And Now In Year 2017 We Are First In India To Bring Better Education On Knowledge Of "Dry Basis" Protein Vs "As Is Basis" Protein In Fitness Nutrition Industry.
Endura Ultra Whey Pro - 500 g (Chocolate)
- Whey protein supplements also play a huge role in post-workout nutrition
- Whey protein promotes a strong immune system as it also acts as an anti-oxidant
- Whey protein is the ultimate source of protein having the highest quality of protein and a rich source of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
MuscleTech Nitrotech Performance Series - 4 lbs (Milk Chocolate)
Rs. 4,600 in stock
- Contains protein sources primarily from whey protein isolate -one of the cleanest and purest protein sources available to athletes
- Enhanced with creatine for faster muscle gains
- New from Muscletech
Read more Articles
Caffeine Effects, Health Benefits, Uses and Side Effects
Reference from Google and Google Images